A Parent's Prayer That I Love




They are little only once Lord. Grant me the wisdom and patience to teach them to follow in your footsteps and prepare them for what is to come.

They are little only once Lord. Make me take the time to play pretend, to read or tell a story; to cuddle.

Don't let me for one minute think anything is more important than the school play, the recital, the big game, fishing, or the quiet walk hand in hand. All too soon Lord they will grow away and there is no turning back. Let me have my memories with no regrets.

Please help me be a good parent, Lord. When I must discipline - let me do it in love, let me be firm, but fair; let me correct and explain with patience.

They are growing away Lord. While I have the chance let me do my best for them. For the rest of our lives, please Lord, let me be their very best friend.

-by Mary Loveridge Robbins

Comments

  1. A few years ago after getting settled into a house I was renting at the time one day I happened to see seemingly out of nowhere a pink print out of this prayer.. I loved it and looked at it often (I had 3 kids at the time) and one day it just up and disappeared.. it's always stuck with me and lucky I was smart enough to take a picture of it and after doing a little digging I came across this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts