The Top 10 Reasons I Know I'm Becoming My Mother


10. I find myself worrying when the boys walk on seawalls or get too close to the water.

  9. I get the kids out of the pool or off the golf course as soon as I hear thunder.

  8. I’m terrified of lightning.

  7. I highlight my hair because I can always hear my mom saying, “You can’t be too blonde.”

  6. When someone does something nice for us I say, “Let’s not forget to write a thank you note.” 
      (And while always EXTREMELY appreciative of what other do for us, I often forget to follow
       up with this simple task of writing a thank you note…one in which my mother never forgets.)

        5. I tell my boys to hold doors for other people and follow up with the comment, “Gentlemen hold
            doors.”

        4. “Stupid” and “Shut up” are bad words in our house.

        3. However, when the boys laugh about “poo poo” and “pee pee,” I can’t help but giggle.

        2. And then I try to get serious and say, “Don’t say it again or you’ll get soap in your mouth.”

        1. And the number one reason I know I’ve become my mom is that I try really hard to focus on the   
            happiness in my life, instead of letting the sad moments pull me down. (After all, my mom was
            nicknamed Mary Poppins by her best friends because she always looks on the bright side of 
            things.)

My sweet Mama. I love her so much. And after the teenage years (and sometimes the college years) of getting annoyed with the things she would do and say, I am so thankful that she is the woman that I am becoming. There is no other person I would want to be.

Comments

Popular Posts